Wednesday, 4 January 2012

2011 Favourites

I have been awful with this blog recently. I'm very sorry. So much going on right now and I have just really struggled to find the time to do anything with it.

I did want to do a little round up of my 2011 Favourite Products though.

These aren't all gonna be things released in 2011 - but are me favourite/most used items from the past year :)


Foundation : Illamasqua Skin Base (Shade 6)


Concealer: I still haven't found one I love, but I guess I have used MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 the most this year.

Face Powder: Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light - Medium

Blush: Mac - Pink Cult

Highlight: Mac - Chez Chez Lame

Contour: Mac - Personal Style

Eyeshadow: My favourite ones (although probably not my most used as I only got them in November/December) are Sugarpill - Asylum and Fyrinnae - Purgatory. This is pretty odd as I tend to steer away from Reds, and both are red shades! They are so perfect though, seriously - you need them.....whoever you are!

Eyeliner: Soap and Glory - Supercat (best eyeliner I have ever used!)

Primer (face): Illamasqua Matte (summer) and The Body Shop Matte It (winter).

Primer (eyes): UDPP

Mascara: Mac - Haute and Naughty Lash

Lipstick: Mac - The Faerie Glen or Shiro - Leeroy Jenkins

Nail Polish: Revlon - Facets Of Fuschia

Moisturiser: Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser.

Perfume: Haus Of Gloi - White Raspberry and Paco Rabanne - Black XS

Hair Dye: I have recently switched to a mix of Directions Turquoise and Directions Fluorescent Glow....and I LOVE it. It sticks for about two months without needing a re-dye and the fade out colour is really nice too :)

Favourite Collection: Fyrinnae's Halloween Collection

Most Disappointing Collection: Mac, Quite Cute. I was so looking forward to this collection but the things I got from it were all a bit "meh" I do think Candy Yum Yum is a massive step up in Mac's matte formulation lipsticks but aside from that I don't think anything really lived up to my expectations. The blushers were a bit rubbish too. I was really excited about a skin tone blush with a green highlight (Miss Behave) and I think had it been done right it would have  been one of my favourite products of the year, but the green "sheen" was just nothing. Even swatching just the green section just gives you a light glitter which can barely be seen on the skin :(


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I need to get Leeroy Jenkins out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still jealous of everyone who got Candy Yum Yum x___x

    Good to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete