Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Kate Moss for Rimmel (Shade 03)

I have been looking for a dupe for my everyday lipstick (MAC - The Faerie Glen) for a while now. TFG was released as part of one of the Christmas collections last year and was a LE product. I wear this lipstick more than any other one that I own and am now about halfway down my second  tube :(

A couple of days ago I started to hear on twitter about the new Kate Moss for Rimmel collection of lipsticks. People seemed quite impressed by it, and having never tried a Rimmel lipstick before I was quite eager to try them out.

I was even more eager to do so when I saw that shade 03 was a potential dupe for my beloved The Faerie Glen!!!

I had a look in my (useless) local boots store and they didn't have them in stock, but luckily I was waiting for an hour in Liverpool Street station yesterday on my way to do a photoshoot for Attitude Clothings winter catalogue - and I managed to pick one up there!

This lipstick is the closest match I have ever found for TFG! I have pictured it below with Viva Glam Gaga II (which is the second closest match that I have, although it gives me concealer lips a bit.)

See for yourselves:


L to R - 03 by Kate Moss for Rimmel, The Faerie Glen by MAC, Viva Gaga II by MAC


L to R - 03 by Kate Moss for Rimmel, The Faerie Glen by MAC, Viva Gaga II by MAC

Shade 03 Kate Moss for Rimmel

Shade 03 Kate Moss for Rimmel

Shade 03 Kate Moss for Rimmel

Sorry for the rubbish lip swatch. I really am not good at these, need to practice!

This lipstick is fantastic. I would go as far as to say that the staying power is actually better than the MAC one (the faerie glen is a lustre, where I would say that the Rimmel one is closer to a creemsheen finish if I had to categorise it.)

They are currently on 3 for 2 in Boots (which is mix and match across all cosmetics) and retail at £5.49 which is a steal compared to the £13.50 you would pay for a MAC lipstick at the moment.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when you find something better for cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too :) This lipstick smells like fruit too which is quite nice. It's the only lipstick scent (other than MAC) that I have ever actually liked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if these are out in Australia yet, but as soon as they are I'll check this out :) I love Viva Glam Gaga 2 so if this is similar I'm going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. try l'oreal's fairest nude - it's a bit pinker than the faerie glen, but quite close as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. try l'oreal's fairest nude - it's a bit pinker than the faerie glen, but quite close as well :)

    ReplyDelete