Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Freelance Stuff and Final Exam

I have been doing my first few bits of freelance work over the last month or so, and I am really pleased with how it has been going :)

I recently finished my music performance degree, which involved doing a 25 minute 'Final Performance' Exam. There are a lot of very lovely vocalists in my class who asked me to paint their faces for their own exams, and I was happy to oblige :)


Anabel

The inspiration for her look came from Beyonce's video for 'Why Don't You Love Me?'



I USED

EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Shiro - Rapidash (lid)
MAC - Mystery (crease)
MAC - Vanilla (highlight)
MAC - Blue Flame (under the eye to blend out eyeliner)
Sugarpill - Tako (inner and outer corners)
120 Eyeshadow palette colours for brows
E.L.F Gel Eyeliner (black - for wings and waterline)
A no7 mascara which I can't currently remember the name of.


FACE:
Fyrinnae Face Primer
Graftobian Foundation in Show Stopper
Concealer from 12 Concealer palette
Coastal Scents Contour Palette to contour.
Fyrinnae Finishing Powder

Morgan




I USED:

EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sugarpill Goldilux (inner lid)
MAC Mystery (outer lid & brows)
various 120 neutral palette colours to blend the two together and to blend out from crease.
MAC - Chez Chez Lame (highlight)
E.L.F Gel Eyeliner (Black) for wings)
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Honey (waterline)
A no7 mascara which I can't currently remember the name of.

FACE:
Fyrinnae Face Primer
Graftobian Foundation (Bombshell)
MAC Pink Cult (Blush)
Fyrinnae Finishing Powder)


Paula

This one was difficult because I had never done a shape THIS precise before. I'm really happy with how it turned out though :) I'm a bit of a symmetry freak and I loved how even this looked on her on stage.)



I USED

EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
E.L.F Gel Eye liner in Coffee (as a base and to draw the shape onto her eye.)
MAC Mystery (over the base)
MAC Vanilla (highlight)
E.L.F Gel eyeliner in Black (Wings and waterline)
120 neutral palette for brows
A no7 mascara which I can't currently remember the name of.


FACE:
Fyrinnae Face Primer
Graftobian Foundation in Leading Lady
Concealer from 12 Concealer palette
Coastal Scents Contour Palette to contour.
MAC Pink Cult Blush
Fyrinnae Finishing Powder

None of the girls had lipstick/gloss on or false eyelashes. I personally can't wear either of these things on stage (because the lipstick/gloss gets all over my face and my hair gets caught in the lashes :( booo) so I sort of warned against them if they weren't already comfortable with wearing them.


Oddly enough, I barely wore any make up for my own final performance. The room was about a million degrees when I did mine and I knew I would come off looking like I had been punched in both eyes if I tried anything clever. It was on my birthday and I wanted to go straight out afterwards so I played it safe with a simple cat eye :)

If anyone is interested....here is a video of my final performance exam:


and my bands facebook (if you like what you hear ;)) - http://www.facebook.com/oresteaband

2 comments:

  1. I *love* Morgan's look! Goldilux is amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Goldilux. When she said she wanted gold I was so happy haha, that eye shadow is insane!

    It makes a really pretty cheek highlight too if you use it very lightly. It pretty much comes out exactly how I wanted MAC's chez chez lame to (chez chez lame was a bit of a disappointment though - I use it as an eye shadow more than a cheek highlighter!)

    ReplyDelete