Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Review: Cosmopolitan Beautyblender Dupe (Blend Perfection Sponge)

Yesterday I was in superdrug and saw this little sponge hanging on the shelf priced at £4.95

I have been wanting to try the BeautyBlender for a while now but there was no way I was paying £15 + P&P for a sponge....so I sort of just put the idea to rest.

I decided to give this Cosmopolitan Dupe a shot though. Their version is called the 'Blend Perfection Sponge'.





The sponge is the same colour as the Beauty Blender, and the only noticeable difference is the fact that this one is contoured in the middle which would seemingly make it easier to hold.

I like that it comes in a resealable bag with a little plastic ring for the sponge to dry out on after you have washed it.

I used this sponge to apply Sleeks Creme to Powder foundation. I wet the sponge - squeezed out the excess water and then stippled it over my skin (I don't really like smoothing creme foundations on my face because it tends to emphasize dry patches.)



I was really pleased with the results. Its easilly the best I have ever managed to get this particular foundation to apply. The finish is really even and the sponge was easy to clean (I used E.L.F's brush shampoo to clean it.)

I would definitely repurchase. I'm interested to see how quickly this dries because with most sponges I have needed a couple of spares if I wanted to use it for everyday application.

This is available from Superdrug priced at £4.95 :)

2 comments:

  1. I have just recently bought this sponge too and it is really good!! only problem have been having is the length of time it takes to dry out!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't really bother me cause I use it wet anyway :P

    I bought a couple for my freelance kit too cause I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete